Last updated: 20. April 2021
Acceptable Usage Policy
This AUP applies to the official instance of REVOLT available at revolt.chat, self-hosted instances may choose to adopt this AUP if they wish.
REVOLT can cater to your community, raid guild, study group and anything in-between. We encourage you to:
- Take advantage of our powerful community tools.
- Be kind and make friends with others on our platform.
- Have fun talking and sharing content on our platform.
Online communities have the potential to change people's lives, we want to encourage a positive environment for anyone willing to join.
What We Don't Allow
Engaging in any of the following actions will result in a warning and may lead to either getting a community strike or an account suspension if repeated.
- Creating accounts to or using your account to send unsolicited advertisements to other people on the platform or to harass other individuals on the platform.
- Sharing any kind of copyrighted content, or any type of content that violates another person's personal, intellectual property or other rights. This includes any content that would violate the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). We respond to DMCA requests as described in our Terms of Service.
- Using REVOLT for illegal operation, such as, but not limited to, hacking, cracking or distribution of pirated software, cheats, exploits or hacks for our or another company or person's service.
- Sharing any type of imagery that depicts real-life violence, gore or animal cruelty. Nobody wants to see this and neither should you. Exception is violence portrayed in media such as movies, games, books, and so forth.
To report any of the above activity, contact us at email@example.com.
Please note we are committed to resolving every single report, please be patient and do not spam our support team, we appreciate your concerns and will act upon them.
What We Can't Allow
Engaging in any of the following will result in immediate account termination as well as content removal. You may also be blacklisted from using our services indefinitely.
- Sharing any content or imagery illegal within the European Union, we don't want you or us to get into any legal trouble, stay in line by not engaging in illegal activity content such as, but not limited to, sharing pornography depicting minors, sharing revenge pornography, selling or facilitating the usage of drugs, extortion or blackmail.
- Sharing any content promoting, encouraging or glorifying self-harm or suicide. This includes any content that pushes people to: cut or injure themselves; embrace eating disorders such as anorexia or bulimia; or commit suicide as opposed to referring people to the correct treatment and help. If you notice someone in need of urgent help, contact your local authorities.
- Attempts to hack or otherwise gain unauthorised access to our service. For example, accessing another person's account without permission, or attempting to steal another person's account. This also includes attempts in order to gain access to our back end networks.
Please contact us ahead of time for permission to test our networks, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Distributing malware such as viruses, trojans, worms, etc. Any software designed with malicious intent to attack another person or to steal their data is not tolerated.
- Sharing content that is designed to harass or degrade another person, any content that can directly threaten someone's physical, mental or financial state, this includes death threats, doxxing (sharing personal information), or ignoring one's privacy.
To report any of the above activity, contact us at email@example.com.
Strikes are irreversible, but account suspensions can be removed through appeal, but only if you believe that we took the wrong action. There is no point asking to be appealed for breaking the law.
If you would like to appeal, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.